The new trend called hemp oil doing wonder for pets around!
US pet owners continue to spend more than $30 million on pet supplies, veterinary care and treatments alone according to reports from the American Pet Products Association. While pet products continue to boost the health of the pets, pet owners were still looking forward to a solution that would bring in therapeutic value to their pets sans intoxication. This is where CBD products came to the rescue.
Following this trend, an increasing number of cannabis companies have been directing their products now at the four-legged users, considering that they do not have any placebo effect. Add on to this the staggering investment being made towards this endeavour considering the anecdotal evidence that cats, dogs and horses have been responding well to cannabis therapies. Hence, the marijuana industry has been witnessing recent flooding in the upcoming pet products.
However, navigating the market to look out for pet treats and nutritional supplements requires one to take over a fresh approach. On the other hand, in the case of pet owners, they need to catch up on why their pets should be relying heavily on hemp oil and CBD-based products –
What are the benefits of using hemp oil for pets?
CBD oil extracted from Hemp is well-known for its therapeutic properties. Furthermore, considering that this oil does not contain any THC, it possesses non-psychoactive aspects. While CBD oil has grown increasingly popular among humans, its prevalence among the pets is a recent development.
- For dogs
- The absence of THC makes sure that your dog gets to relax with Hemp Oil without getting intoxicated with the same.
- CBD oil is known to have an anti-tumour effect on dogs and hence plays a crucial role in fighting cancer. Additionally, it also helps one to increase the efficacy of the advanced treatments for cancer.
- Considering that 5% of dogs suffer from seizures, the medicines offered to them has substantial side-effect in the form of organ damages. On the other hand, CBD oil acts as drug-resistant epilepsy. Researches show that there have been noticeable differences and improvements within 4 to 5 months.
- For cats
- In cases of cats suffering from arthritis, treatment is often challenging. It is because the available pharmaceutical solutions are not adequate or safe. Under such circumstances, CBD oil is extremely effective since it has anti-inflammatory properties.
- An increased issue with cats in the Inflammatory Bowel Disease that may lead to severe diarrhoea and loss of weight. Incorporating CBD oil alongside their regular medications ensures reduced inflammation and hence lowered the severity of symptoms.
- A majority of the cats with IBD tend to be affected with Pancreatitis that is equally challenging to treat. Herbal remedies, accompanied by digestive enzymes and the perfect dosage of hemp oil may provide cats with the required solution.
- For horses
- With horses, CBD oil is beneficial when it comes to reducing pain. It is the perfect substitute for the regular medications that may leave adverse effects
- Roughly 90% of adult horses are diagnosed with gastric ulcers which may become extremely painful, affect their appetite and their overall behaviour. CBD oil, in this case, is an ideal medicine as has been proved by anecdotal evidence.
While all these benefits extend to cats, dogs and horses alike; pet owners need to consult with their veterinarian before availing hemp oils. It helps ensure that your pet is capable of adapting to hemp oil and the perfect dosage that will help them get the required health boost.
CBD oil for dogs, cats and horses
For our dear pets: good news!
Cannabidiol is not for humans’ exclusive use. Anyone with an endocannabinoid system (SCS) can benefit from this non-psychoactive ingredient from the cannabis plant, called CBD. Mammals, fish and molluscs have an endocannabinoid system (SCS). So their quality of life can also be improved by the use of CBD oil for dogs, cats and horses – an oil specially designed and sprayed for your animals. Good news for your pet!
What exactly does CBD oil do?
CBD oil for animals works in the same way in our animal friends as in humans. That is, cannabinoids attach to the receptors in their endocannabinoid system, especially the CB1 and CB2 receptors, which are scattered throughout the body (at the level of the brain, nervous system, organs, glands digestive tract, skin and tissues). The cannabinoid system is activated: its role is to constantly regulate and rebalance the body. For an animal, if it is in a situation of stress, anxiety or pain, CBD oil for animals can be effective.
A tip: organic hemp seed oil for your pet, an alternative
If you are looking for a cheaper alternative to CBD pet oil, you can also use organic hemp seed oil for your pet. What for? Hemp seed oil contains antioxidants and vitamins (among others, vitamins E and B). It also contains all essential fatty acids in near-perfect proportions, essential amino acids and gamma-linolenic acid (GLA). GLA regulates hormones and acts as an anti-inflammatory. Hemp oil is a high quality dietary supplement and works effectively: this oil can help improve skin, nails and coat in case of problems.
However, a CBD oil for animals made from olive oil or hemp seeds is much more effective. In animals with skin problems such as itching, dandruff, hair loss or eczema, CBD is very effective. Your pet will develop a soft, shiny coat. CBD can help your pet regain a healthy balance.
CBD oil for animals is not a miracle cure
CBD oil for dogs, cats and horses is not a panacea. It can be effective when coordinated with an already well-balanced care package. It can lead to improved symptoms and better regulation of bodily functions, but it does not cure everything. If you use CDB to relieve your pet, talk to your veterinarian and do not stop taking the prescribed medication.
Side effects of CBD oil for dogs, cats and horses
To date, CBD oil has no known serious side effects. It does not appear to interact negatively or severely with medications or other nutritional supplements.
The following side effects may occur and can be observed in the event of an overdose:
- Dry mouth
- Lower voltage
- Loose stools
CBD animal oil does not contain THC (less than 0.2%). Your dog, cat or horse won’t “plan.
Dosing and how CBD pet oil is used
Used as a dietary supplement, a low 1% CBD oil is sufficient. When CBD is taken in the case of a disease of your pet, you will just need to increase the number of drops administered.
For seriously ill animals, we recommend starting with a concentration of 2 to 5% and then gradually increasing the concentration (for example, 10%) until it reaches the desired effect, so that the animal can get used to CBD oil. As a general rule, one dose per day is enough. For more serious illnesses, it is possible to give 2 to 3 doses per day. Simply mix CBD pet oil with its food.
Example of dosage
On the first day, just a drop of CBD oil for animals. On the second day, increase the number of drops to two. On the third day, three drops. And so on, until the optimal amount and desired effect are achieved.
For most dogs, the ideal dose is 2 drops per 5 kg (of its weight). We recommend that you do not exceed a dosage of 3 drops of CBD oil for animals per 5 kg. As with humans, it’s about finding the most effective dose yourself. But keep in mind that a larger quantity doesn’t necessarily work faster or better. CBD is known to work even in low doses. CBD pet oil should be used regularly for at least 3 weeks for the digestive system to get used to. After 3 months, it is recommended to take a break of a few days.